one contented homebody

a vintage inspired life

Friday, January 24, 2020

recipe ~ peanut crunch slice

Hello everyone.

Yes I  know I am not supposed to be eating this kind of food, but I couldn't resist! And then I thought you would all love to know about this scrumptious slice too. 

As I don't eat animal products, I have marked with a star what I substituted for the butter. I also did not have peanuts so subbed for peanut butter. Raisins were replaced by dates.  I love a flexible recipe.

This yummy slice recipe comes from a new to me blog. 

Linda lives in beautiful New Zealand, and shares posts about her simple life, faith, recipes, gardening, youtube videos, her lovely soap and so much more.  Why not pop over and visit Linda at The Little Homestead.




Paula's Peanut Crunch 
{copied and pasted from The Little Homestead}

In a saucepan melt  - 2 dessertspoons golden syrup and 150grams butter * {I used Nuttlex}. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla essence.

In a bowl mix: 
1 Cup self raising flour
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raw peanuts - smash them up a little *{I used crunchy peanut paste}
1/2 cup raisins *{I used chopped medjool dates}
1 cup cornflakes

Add the butter mixture to the dry and mix well. Bake at 170 C for around 30 minutes, or until golden.
Optional Icing: (this goes on the slice as soon as it comes out of the oven) 1.5 Tablespoons golden syrup, 50g butter, 1.5 cups icing sugar. Melt butter and syrup together. beat in the icing sugar, and put back on the heat a little until the sugar melts some and the mixture just gets easier to spread. Remove from the heat and spread over the hot base. Cool and cut into slices/squares. Enjoy with a cuppa :)


Let me know if you make this yummy slice J

Enjoy!

xTania

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and easy to make
    Might have to make some for the boys to have for morning tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very good slice Angela, everyone that has tried it, loved it and wanted the recipe :)

      xTania

      Delete
  2. You are just the sweetest, thank you for sharing my simple wee blog xox I think what you've done with Paula's slice too is great :) I'm only just getting around to visiting as I've had a time of it with my ageing parents..its a big story. Hugs to you Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your dear parents Linda. I hope all will be well with them soon, it must be such a worry for you.

      xTania

      Delete

I love to hear your comments.