one contented homebody

a vintage inspired life

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

ordinary days


























At the moment I am gently soaking up the daily rhythm that make up my days. 

Slowly I am finding ways to live in the moment and not dwell on the past or worry about the future. Lately I have felt my anxiety and depression lift due to implementing mindfulness practice into my daily routine. I am so much calmer than I have been for a very long time. Listening to soft meditative music while I go about my day reminds me to notice the small things and not to take life too seriously...

How are you spending your days? I hope all is well in your world.

xTania

4 comments:

  1. I’m pleased to hear this Tania 😊❤️ It takes so much inner strength to shake off the big black cloud, I know. Keep doing what you are doing 💕 you’ll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania, it is not that hard to slip into depression so I understand how you feel. I have learned over the years not to worry as it gets us nowhere and changes nothing but it is not always easy to stay calm. I have some favourite inspiring songs I listen to on Spotify which lift me up like Waymaker sung by the Christ Church Choir. They also sing it on YouTube. The main singer is the daughter of Sandy Patty who I used to listen to in the 1980s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is not hard Nanna Chel. At the beginning of the week I was having a great week, but by the end (today), I was back in the dark slump.

      I find there is so much happening around me that I cant seem to get much needed me time, and this is really frustrating, and I think most of the problem.

      I live a life where much is demanded of me and my time, I am trying to pull back and rebel, but I don't know if that will get me anywhere lol!

      Playing quiet music really helps calm my mind.

      I will take a look at that song on you tube, thank you xxx

      Delete

I love to hear your comments.